Training will be available for those interested in pursuing an entry-level career in the health care profession. Information sessions are mandatory to apply so call 978-354-2499for application information.
SPRING 2014 OPEN HOUSE ORIENTATION MEETINGS:
Thursday, November 14, 2013- 9:30 am
Wednesday, December 4, 2013- 9:30 am
Wednesday, December 18, 2013- 9:30 am
Wednesday, January 8, 2014- 9:30 am
Tuesday, January 21, 2014- 9:30 am
Tuesday, February 11, 2014- 9:30 am
The MediClerk program is designed to provide the skills necessary to succeed in an administrative position in the healthcare field. Courses offered during each 13-week session include:
· Medical Terminology and Medical Keyboarding
· Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/Explorer
· Business Communications and Medical Office Procedures
· Professional Success and Job Search Skills
· Six job-shadows and a two-week internship
Classes take place Monday-Friday, 8:45am-3:00pm at the Salem Campus of North Shore Medical Center.
MediClerk participants must be North Shore residents who:
· Have attended a MediClerk Information Meeting
· Have a high school diploma or GED
· Are available for the duration of the entire 13-week session
· Have computer and typing experience (20 words per minute preferred)
· Are able to pass a Criminal Offender Record Investigation (CORI)
Tuition assistance is available on a sliding scale
MediClerk is currently accepting applications for the Spring 2014 session.
For more information regarding the MediClerk program, upcoming school schedule, or informational open house meetings, please call 978-354-2128 or visit the WellSpring Website.