VOLUNTEER OUTREACH COORDINATOR
A ten-month AmeriCorps position serving at the Host Site of Girls Incorporated of Lynn
The mission of SCI Social Capital Inc. is to strengthen communities by connecting diverse individuals and organizations through civic engagement initiatives. We envision a nation where individuals are strongly connected to their neighbors and play an active role in shaping the destiny of their communities. This increase in ‘social capital’ will result in communities that are safer, healthier and more vital.
The mission of Girls Incorporated of Lynn to inspire girls to be strong, smart and bold by meeting the needs of girls in the community, developing girls' capacity to overcome the effects of discrimination and be self-sufficient, responsible members of the community, and to serve as a vigorous advocate for all girls.
Girls Incorporated of Lynn is fortunate to have over 200 women, men and student volunteers annually providing a variety of enrichment activities for our members. The Volunteer Outreach Coordinator will increase the number of volunteers by 10% and foster positive relationships for our volunteers. Ten hours a week will be dedicated to SCI Social Capital Inc. and its mission.
Girls Inc. of Lynn Duties and Responsibilities
· Volunteer Recruitment: Coordinate outreach efforts including website updates, online listings, and selected social networks. Attend college and business volunteer fairs, and other community venues. Create recruitment materials and update the volunteer handbook and forms as needed.
· Interview and screen potential volunteers: Respond to volunteer inquiries, schedule volunteer meetings, determine if there is a current match for the volunteer within the agency, maintain volunteer log. Plan and participate in orientation evenings, prepare necessary material including volunteer job descriptions, and ensure paperwork is completed.
· Communications: Establish and maintain ongoing communications by meeting regularly with staff to assess volunteer needs and current activity, and provide support/direction to volunteers. Schedule and meet with each volunteer on a monthly basis and share feedback with staff. Plan and write a quarterly volunteer article for our e-newsletter, website and newspaper, and photograph volunteers during their service for promotion. Responsible for performing exit interviews with volunteers, including an evaluation, and sending a thank you letter to each volunteer. Submit monthly updates on volunteer activity and a quarterly volunteer report.
· Volunteer Recognition: Organize and implement quarterly appreciations and celebrations for volunteers. Arrange for recognition of volunteers in April which is national Volunteer Appreciation Month.
· Special Projects: Assist with the recruitment for Career Speaker Series, holiday events, and other events as needed. Coordinate Community Care Day activities and work with staff on special projects and specific tasks as assigned.
SCI Outreach & Technology Coordinator duties:
The SCI AmeriCorps member will use technology and in-person outreach to recruit residents to volunteer and participate in civic activities.
· Recruit and coordinate at least 75 volunteers and document at least 200 additional individuals participated in community activities as a result of the member’s service.
· Promote the SCI website to the Lynn community and oversee activity on the website. Participate in the Communities That Cares Youth Council- Part of the Solution coalition. Provide initial training to CTC members so they may upload information on their activities and volunteer opportunities directly to the website.
· Increase traffic by 10% for the SCI community web tools and host partner website (if applicable
· Responsible for assembling a weekly e-blast to the SCI community and updating of the email list.
· Attend trainings and meetings as required at SCI and complete required reports in a timely fashiion.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Technically proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, Access, and PowerPoint
· Excellent verbal, written, communication skills with strong interpersonal skills
· Experience updating websites, and utilizing Face book and other social media preferred
· Ability to work independently and as a team to accomplish work objectives
· Detail oriented, organized and the ability to manage multiple tasks
· An interest in working within a diverse, girl-focused agency
· Ability to work flexible hours including some evenings
Hours: Regular hours are 10am – 6pm. Occasional evening hours may be scheduled.
Send your cover letter and resume to Dan McConvey: email@example.com, or via mail to:
Social Capital Inc.
165M New Boston St., Suite 233
Woburn, MA 01801
Click here for more information!